Kim Jun Myeon (김준면), better known as Suho, is the leader, lead vocalist, and visual of the EXO Korean KPOP boy group which currently consists of 9 members and its sub-unit of EXO-K. A few days ago, on 4th May, Suho had heartbreaking news to share with his fans, EXO-L. He has revealed that his military enlistment date has been released. Ten days after the announcement, he has enlisted at the Nonsan Army Training Center in South Chungcheong Province in South Korea.
His farewell to the fans
He shared a handwritten letter in EXO’s official online fan community space in Lysn announcing his enlistment. It says as follows;
“Hello, our EXO-L. This is Suho.
I am writing this letter today because there is something I need to share with you all.
Soon I will be enlisting in the military on May 14, to carry out my mandatory duties and I think I will be missing our EXO-L during that time a lot.
I hope our EXO-L, who thinks of me and loves me every day, will stay healthy always.
Sincerely thank you, and I love you.
We are one, EXO. Let’s love.”
Love from members
The 28-year-old singer received an emotional farewell from his fellow members. EXO members Chanyeol, Kai, Baekhyun, Sehun, and Chen came to give a good send off to support their leader for his journey. As is tradition with boy groups before a member begins their military service, the members posed together for some photos to wish him well. And here’s the photos Suho shared on the Lysn app.
Even though their bandmate Lay wasn’t able to be there in person to send his leader off as he is currently promoting in China, he didn’t forget to wish him so he shared one of the photos on his Instagram and wrote, “Let’s love. have a good trip, leader.” Suho is the third member of the group to enlist in the military. Xiumin was enlisted on May 7, 2019, and D.O was enlisted on July 1, 2019. Kim Jun Myeon is expected to be discharged on February 13, 2022.
Farewell wishes & reactions
The day before his enlistment, Suho also shared a picture on his Instagram of EXO’s official fan light stick with the caption: ‘We are one EXO, let’s love’ showing his affection for their fans.
EXO Fans have been heartbroken since the news broke out and they tweeted posts to give Suho a teary farewell. EXO-L wished him the best for his enlistment while also praying that his service ends ASAP so that he will reunite with the band. There are thousands of tweets from fans regarding his enlistment. Here are some of them.
We wish Suho a safe service during his time in the military!
Stage Name: Suho (수호)
Birth Name: Kim Jun Myeon (김준면)
Position: Leader, Lead Vocalist, Visual
Birthday: May 22, 1991
Height: 172 cm (5’8″)
- Suho was born in Seoul, South Korea but raised at Busan, his father’s hometown, and he has an older brother.
- He attended the prestigious Whimoon High School and had his higher studies in the Korean National University of Arts; Majoring in Acting and Kyung Hee Cyber University (Majoring in Arts Department of Business Administration).
- He dreamed of becoming a singer since he was in elementary school as wanted he became an idol in a popular KPOP boy band. He joined SM Entertainment in 2006. When he was a trainee, he and SHINee’s Minho became best friends. They have a special bond since then.
- Suho came from a wealthy family and his fellow members said that he treats them with expensive delicious food. He likes to check in on each of his members to see how they’re doing and if anything’s bothering them. No wonder that he became a great leader to them. He is very polite and considerate and he likes to solve problems with peaceful conversations.
- Suho is Buddhist.
- He’s close with Jong Hyun, Minho, Taemin (SHINee) and Leeteuk, Donghae, and Kyu Hyun (Super Junior). In 2015 Suho participated in KBS’s show “Exciting India”, with TVXQ’s Changmin, Super Junior’s Kyuhyun, SHINee’s Minho, CNBLUE’s Jonghyun, and INFINITE’s Sunggyu.